Our Specialist VAT Consultancy Service
In an era where the threat of penalties and interest is likely to accompany any error, businesses and individuals cannot afford to make mistakes when it comes to VAT.
The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the ever growing demands of Customs and Excise call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to!
Our approach is hands-on and personal and we are dedicated to obtaining the best result for our clients. We always work closely with clients until completion to ensure that this is achieved.
We provide an efficient cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Advice and assistance on VAT registration issues
- Help with the completion of VAT returns and other statistical returns
- VAT planning and minimising your VAT liability
- Advising on suitability of the VAT Flat Rate Schemes
- Guidance on high-risk areas of VAT such as land and property, partial exemption, international services, EU / Overseas trade and anti-avoidance measures
- VAT treatment of Listed buildings
- Not-for-profit activities
- Dealing with disputes with Customs including reviewing assessments and tribunal appeals
- Advice on the VAT liability on supply of particular goods and services
- Providing support with VAT inspections
- VAT health checks to provide an overview of the impact of VAT
- Negotiating the payment of VAT arrears with Customs and Excise
- Advising on Cash Accounting advantages where applicable
- Advice on record-keeping requirements and the use of special VAT schemes